Thursday, June 30, 2011

No Pain


http://drpinna.com/
In athletics we recognize the phrase, " No pain, no gain."


We expect religion to be different. We want a religion that says love, joy and happiness for everyone. Peace and contentment are the Christian's rights, right?


In Christ, I must be complete. I need life's wounds mended. I need more tools to use. I am not what I ought to be. (I don't think I am alone.) But being complete is the product of God's work. How does He do it?


Are Christians to be consistent? Certainly. We must be stable like boulders. We don't move from the truth. We are constant. Are we, "There yet?" Is this a work of God?


Christians must be strong. Determined should be our characteristic. Must we achieve in the worst life offers? It cannot be done on our own. This is a work of God. 


Choosing to be a Christian necessitates being a foundation for others. Being established allows others to grow. If I am not established I lose, and others lose, too. How do we become this established? Could this be a work of God?


All these are God's works. When does He do them? How does He do them?


The answer Is in 1 Peter 5:10. It says, " But after you have suffered for a while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."


When does it say He will do His work? Answer: AFTER you have suffered.


God uses suffering and pain. Through suffering, we are equipped and made what we ought to be. Opposition makes us firm and constant. Strength comes from painful exercise and practice. Foundations are made it through sweat and toil.

If your 'Christianity', or other religion, is ALL love, joy, happiness, peace, and feeling good, IT IS NOT FROM GOD. God gives all these, but only through suffering for the name of His son.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things that bonds us to one another is suffering. Think about one of the things that makes a team, "The Team." Its those hours of sweating and hurting together.

    ReplyDelete

Place your comments here. They will be moderated. I reserve the right to reject any comment before displaying. I will email you (if I have your address) if there is a problem.