Monday, January 14, 2013

Whatever is ...... (5)


Whatever is LOVELY.



What happens when we continually concentrate on things pleasant and acceptable?


Phil 4:8 is the only time this word is used in the New Testament. What value is in exercising your mind in this way? The key is in focusing on anything God finds acceptable, pleasing or winsome in individuals.


A former boss made demands for extreme excellence. I received frequent 'butt-chewings' before attaining his level of quality. Daily practice made 'extreme excellence' routine. I became excellent at video tape editing. Consistent high expectations brought high quality results. My thinking changed.


If I demand myself to consistently search for what is lovely, I will find it. I will enjoy it. I will raise my personal expectations to match.


First, I will identify what is needed to be quality, to have ideal family time, to accomplish great community service, and valuable service to God.


Second, I will induce others to that same level of acceptance. I will demonstrate joy and pleasantness gained from quality.


Third, I develop an admiration for anyone who does anything well. I can enjoy watching a backhoe operator or a cable television repairman. I will develop the ability to learn desirable ways from just about anyone who exemplifies quality.


Thinking about anything that is lovely, quality, or acceptable is good for us, our families, and our friends. Whatever is LOVELY....



Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.”



Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Paul is perpetually preparing us. Let's study truth, honor, pure and lovely.

1 comment:

  1. If only we wouldn't succumb to second or third best. If we would keep our mind pure and clean.
    Keep on walking in the Light.

    ReplyDelete

Place your comments here. They will be moderated. I reserve the right to reject any comment before displaying. I will email you (if I have your address) if there is a problem.