(Writer's Note: To understand this post best, your are urged to read "Abortion," and "Mom And Dad Are Going To Kill Me."
Becoming a parent implies a new life is about to begin.
Our next factor, in abortion, does not contradict what God has said: When Does Life Begin?
Most of your life you have believed that 1 + 1 = 2. It is a fact of mathematics, but is not necessarily true in biology. In biology, the equation is 1 + 1 = 1 + 1 +1. (Now you need to be either scratching your head in confusion, or saying 'Huh??') The equation is easily understood after bringing to mind the facts.
1. One female egg is present. The egg is capable of exhibiting life processes such as cellular respiration (taking in oxygen and sugar to produced energy, water, and carbon dioxide).
2. We ADD one male sperm. It, too, is capable of exhibiting life processes such as cellular respiration. This completes the left side of the equation.
3. The RESULTS find a union of egg and sperm forming a one-of-a-kind, unique cell with its own distinctive DNA. This new cell is, like its parents, capable of life processes such as cellular respiration and CELL DIVISION. Cell division is indicative of growth, another evidence of life. It will continue dividing until it forms a blastula, then a gastula.
4. This new entity came from one ALIVE female cell and one ALIVE male cell. As union occurred, it made a new LIVING cell. It never was, nor will it ever be inanimate or a non-living creature.
5. Eventually the unique creature will be spontaneously removed from the female by her hormonal prompts created by her body. The female will give birth to another LIVING creature similar to both male and female parents.
So, when did this creature's life begin? Essentially, all cells come from pre-existing cells. I submit this new creature’s life began when God created man in His own image.
Why raise this question? Many individuals espouse the new cell (discussed above) was NEVER ALIVE. Therefore it cannot be killed. I see two problems with this logic.
- On a lighter note, the person presenting this was never in MY CLASSROOM! He does not know the fundamentals of the CELL THEORY, especially number 3. It says, “All cells come from pre-existing cells.” Ironically, people claiming the new cell was “never alive” came from a similar LIVING new cell.
- Life does not come from non-life . The truism was demonstrated by F. Redi, J. Needham, and L. Spallanzani. It was empirically proven by Louis Pasteur in 1864. He concluded, “All life [is] from life.”
You began as a single cell. You (and those who purport abiogenesis) were ALWAYS ALIVE.
If you have any biology questions, please leave them here. I will answer them as soon as possible.
Have you considered your life as having a starting point, but no ending point?
To review this series, click on any link below: