Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bubble Gum Police

Two teachers dealing with Jr. High and High School students were sharing their day's experiences. They disparaged the attitudes of a few superiors at their respective schools. They could not believe all the 'ridiculous' rules that some administrators re-enforce during year-beginning workshops and meetings.

One  made this statement. "When I have children in my class room who are parents, right or wrong, I don't feel it is critical for me to catch them chewing gum. I don't plan on being the 'Bubble Gum Police.'"

Everyone has disappointed God. Certainly that includes anyone who is sexual active outside the marriage relationship and many other inappropriate actions. 'Everyone' includes teachers, administrators, school boards, and communities, too. Students are still children, mistakes and all.

I agree with the teacher. I don't want to be a 'bubble gum policemen' when it comes to how I view other people. I should not condemn anyone for the little mistakes. Both those making little mistakes, AND those making big mistakes are loved by God. What right do I have to condemn?
--------------------------
What do you think? How about making a comment? Join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your comments here. They will be moderated. I reserve the right to reject any comment before displaying. I will email you (if I have your address) if there is a problem.